|Sony Ericsson T610 disassembly
If you require a new screen, phone cover and screwdrivers, they can be purchased
Tools required: plastic shim such as a guitar plectrum and T6 screwdriver
- Turn your phone over so the camera is facing you and remove the battery cover and
battery. Next slip your plastic shim or fingernail in the gap between
the back of the phone and the aerial cover (where the arrows are, pictured below).
Give this part a hard push up. Then remove the circled rubber part and
two screws at the bottom of the phone.
- Push the aerial (green part below) up,
as shown by the arrows. You'll need to be firm, but don't worry, it
- Next remove the 2 screws below the
aerial (circled below).
- The front cover will easily unclip now
and you have the phone in two parts (pictured below).
- Lift the screen from the bottom (shown
below). If you do not need to remove the LCD (you are only changing
the housing), ignore this and the next step.
- The screen is connected to the phone
where circled below. It is held on by a hinge. Lift the hinge and pull
the ribbon and the screen will come away from the phone. Take note of
how the ribbon connects as this will make it easier when you connect the
new screen. Replace the old LCD with new and then put the phone back
together. If you are replacing the LCD only (not changing the
housing), ignore the next steps.
- Next remove the PCB from the phone'
chassis. Lift it from the top, as pictured.
- You are now left with the chassis and a
few parts like the mic, vibrating motor and speaker, pictured below.
Remove these and put them in the new chassis.
- Put everything back together and it's
If you have any questions about Sony Ericsson T610 disassembly, email email@example.com. The official service manual for this phone may also help you with further Sony Ericsson T610 disassembly. Click here for details