|Sony Ericsson W850i disassembly
If you require a new screen, phone cover and screwdrivers, they can be purchased
Tools required: Torx 6 screwdriver, Size 0 Phillips screwdriver
- Remove the two screws at the bottom of
the phone with the torx 6 screwdriver.
- Next push the slider up so you have
access to the metal plate, shown below. Run your finger around the edge
where the metal plate meets the housing to unclip it.
- With the metal plater removed you have
access to two more torx 6 screws. Remove these
- Run your fingernail all the way around
the edge of the housing to release it
- The phone will now be in two parts, as
- The screen assembly is held on by two
clips at each side of the phone, indicated below. Unclip them
- Unclip the board for the keypad by
lifting it from the right side. It attaches to two ribbons like a plug and
socket. The screen ribbon is also attached to the back of this board:
also detach this.
- Your phone should now look like the
- Reverse the whole procedure for reassembly
If you have any questions about Sony Ericsson W850i disassembly, email
firstname.lastname@example.org. The official service manual for this phone may also help you with further Sony Ericsson W850i disassembly. Click here for details