|Sony Ericsson K850i disassembly
If you require a new screen, phone cover and screwdrivers, they can be purchased
Sony Ericsson K850i LCD screen
Tools required: Torx 6 screwdriver, Torx 5 screwdriver, plastic
tool such as a credit card or guitar plectrum.
- Using the torx 5 screwdriver, remove the
two screws which hold the battery cover in place (circled).
- With the battery cover now removed you
can remove the back cover. Run a credit card all the way round the edge
of the housing to release the clips which hold it in place.
- Your phone should now look like
below. Remove the two torx 6 screws at the top
of the phone, circled in white. You can now release the front cover. It's held on by a number of clips that need to be released.
- With the front cover removed your phone
will look like below. The part circled often falls out when you remove
the front cover and people can't work out where it goes. So if it falls
out, this is where it goes!
- Lift the keypad part from left to right
noting that this part is still attached to the phone by a ribbon
connector. This attaches like a plug and socket. Simply lever it up to
- The ribbon from the LCD, circled below, is again attached like a plug and socket. Unplug this.
- The LCD screen will be held in place
quite tightly by clips around the edge of the housing. Gently slide your
credit card underneath the LCD screen to release it.
- You should now have the LCD screen
- Reverse the whole procedure for reassembly
If you have any questions about Sony Ericsson K850i disassembly, email