|Motorola K1 KRZR disassembly
If you require a new screen, phone cover and screwdrivers, they can be purchased
Tools required: Torx 5 screwdriver
- After removing your back cover and battery, remove the four screws you see. Three of the screws will be black and one will be silver. Make sure the silver screw goes back in the same place it is removed from.
- With the four screws removed you can now lift the battery slot from the back of the phone. Where it joins at the bottom it will require some force
- With the battery slot removed you have
access to one of the ribbons (indicated below by the screwdriver) which connects the screen to the main body of the phone. Unclip this (it fits like a plug and socket).
- Now remove the bezel at the top of the phone. It is held on with double sided tape. Run your fingernail along the edge and carefully peel if off
- Your now have access to four more screws. Remove these and then in turn the plate which the screws were holding on
- You now have access to the LCD. Unclip the two ribbons which are being held back in the picture below
- Now unclip the ribbon at the other end, shown below
- Now separate the two screens by running your fingernail along the edge where metal clips hold them together
- Now unclip the front cover. It is held on by clips around the edge. Just run your fingernail around the edge to remove
- Reverse the whole procedure for reassembly
If you have any questions about Motorola K1 KRZR disassembly, email
firstname.lastname@example.org. The official service manual for this phone may also help you with further Motorola K1 KRZR disassembly. Click here for details